Trying out ideas to create a personalized look for your home is fun. But it can be expensive if you don’t know where to look for materials or find source for practical alternatives. So before you go shopping for materials, check out your options by searching the Internet for smart styles and novel suggestions for your home. One of the leading decorating idea that is widely used now is using the traditional barn door to update the look of your living space.
This may sound simplistic but there are a lot of ways to utilize the lowly barn door. Take a second look at this particular piece and you will be surprised at what you’ll find. The structure is both simple and sturdy, it’s essentially a classical piece. Leaving it untouched will make you appreciate its rustic charm while updating it with simple touches here and there will make it even more remarkable. Either way, this is a piece that’s easily for keeps.
The potential of a barn door extends far beyond utilitarian purposes. Bringing it into your home will easily change the look of the space that you put it in. You can use it in any of the rooms in your house to transform and update the look. Here are some ideas that you can use to make the most of interior barn doors and convert the look of your living area:
• Mix up designs according to your need. If you want to create an atmosphere that’s reminiscent of southern style, you can simply paint a barn door with contrasting colors and install it in your living room to create the right mood. It will make the place both warm and modern.
• Use it to open up an extension room like an outdoor deck or a pergola. This gives you an option to modify your room space as you need it. For instance, you can use it to expand your living or dining room to accommodate additional guests in a party. Closing the doors afterwards allows you to revert back to a more contained space and gives you a pleasant background to your living area.
• Combining the form and structure of the barn door with contemporary building materials is a novel idea. Frosted glass and steel accents for hardware are good additions to the piece and can make it unique and modern.
• Incorporating a window to the barn door can transform it into an elegant room divider in large rooms. It also serves as an alternative to the more traditional French doors.
• Using authentic barn doors as dividers gives added architectural interest to an area. You can adjust the style to reflect the design of the room like using simple hardware to create sleek, clean lines or using steel borders to reflect a more modern design.
• Barn doors also make great headboards and goes with white flowing curtains.
• These pieces are also great additions to walk in cabinets so you can hide all your treasured pieces and create a cleaner look for your room. In the same way, you can use them as pocket doors for your pantry cabinet to keep things out of sight.
The possibilities are endless. You can create barn doors out of leftover pieces of wood to give them a more rustic feel. They are great space savers because the sliding bar is located on top which leaves the floor clear for you. It’s also perfect for limited spaces because you can easily divide a small room into two separate areas. So you might want to check out different barn door designs for your next renovation project because they’re really more versatile than you think.